An Earful


Date: 04/11/06
Time: 7:45pm
Route: Lewis and Clark
Length: 40 minutes
Dog: Yep
Notes: I should have known after all the rain I slogged through on my last 2 runs that there would be some residual left at the park. However, I was not prepared for the lake that blocked a trail we ran just 7 days ago. Not to be deterred, Sinopah and I adjusted our route and sloshed off to a path cut through a black-berry patch. At one point the narrow path was blocked by puddles. To avoid submerging my sneakers, I deftly navigated the banks of the path sometimes successfully and other times not. On one such maneuver an unkempt blackberry vine caught me on the top of my ear. With more water to circumvent I didn't have time to stop and I thought little of it. Later in the run I casually ran my finger over a slight tickle in my ear and it came back red. It is really a small nick, but it dripped quite a bit on my shirt.

3 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

I thought I was looking at the wire loop holding some high tek audio monitoring device. Turns out to be a blackberry connection.

 
At 8:45 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Jason Hill said...

That made me laugh.

 
At 10:32 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Steven said...

Ick. That bush got you good. Tried to tie into the blackberry connection, like drinking grape gatorade to get a "bluetooth". (grape turns my mouth blue)

It's not as funny though. ;-)

Take care of that ear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home